UMBC Faculty Teaching UMBC Courses
Take the trip of a lifetime and earn UMBC credits that count. The world becomes your campus when you join a study abroad program taught by UMBC's own faculty. These short-term programs provide a global experience that meet UMBC graduation requirements, but don't require a full semester abroad.
Faculty-led study abroad advantages:
- UMBC faculty teach UMBC classes
- Travel & learn with other UMBC students
- Most programs are 2 – 5 weeks
- Classes are fun and affordable
- Accommodations are prearranged by UMBC’s Education Abroad Office
How to Apply
Studying abroad requires planning in advance. Students are encouraged to follow the Education Abroad guide that breaks down the process. You’ll apply online before the regular summer/winter registration periods and pay a small deposit to reserve your seat. Space is limited, so apply early.
Standard UMBC tuition is waived for UMBC Abroad programs to help lower the cost for UMBC students. You pay a pre-set program cost,* which includes:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off in country
- On-site accommodations
- Some meals
- Cultural visit entries, excursions and international travel insurance
- Mandatory university fees
* Not included in the program cost are international airfare, personal expenses, passport fees (for new passports), and some meals.
Financial aid may be available for qualified students. Contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance. UMBC’s Education Abroad Office offers resources for scholarships and other ways to fund your study abroad experience.
ContactContact the Education Abroad Office to plan your experience! Advisors and peer mentors are eager to assist you.